Thursday, March 31, 2011

Amazing Squares

Wow...this morning I logged on, only to find I'd been nominated for an award!

It would appear that I'm a versatile blogger!  Really? Who knew?

So here it is...my amazing (green) square. Thank you Lolamouse for the nomination.


















So, in honour of my amazing square (blogger award)

I wrote a square stanza called...Amazing Squares (duh!)


AMAZING SQUARES





(this poem reads the same horizontally and vertically)

wander   around,     this        way        and          that
around,    every       turn,       too       complex    seems
   this        turn,          is         simple,     not         quite
   way        too        simple       to           be       puzzling!
   and     complex      not          be          in           you
   that       seems      quite    puzzling!    you      amazed?





Now as a condition of my nomination...I have to tell you 7 things about me that you probably don't want to know, but are now obliged to read :-

1. I find it really hard to write free verse.
2. My two sons and I all have the initial E for our first names.
    Collectively we're known as the 3 E's
3. I like most sweet/salt combinations, peanuts & raisins etc...
4. I'll love to  watch Hannah Montana sans children
5. My English accent is still very strong, despite living in Canada for 20 years
6. I probably own more pairs of pyjamas than anyone on this planet.
7. I'm a (very slow) long distance runner...about to do my 3rd Half Marathon




Oh....and I also have to nominate 15 others. I'm working on that. Stay tuned!

Firstly I'd like to nominate:-

1. Charlie Parant over at Appetite for Words, he's an "Amazing" wordsmith.
2. Happygirl over at Being Happy, has an "Amazing" way of making me smile.
3. Check out Lightverse. RJ Clarken, is quite simply "Amazing"
4. You're sure to be Inspired by Lisa, I find she's pretty "Amazing"
5. Please stop by Reflections, some "Amazing" stuff to see there.

6 comments:

Rachel Hoyt said...

What a cool poem form!! Congrats on the award. I can see you are quite talented. :)

Charlie Parant said...

Thank you Elaine, for the nomination and the kind words.

RJ Clarken said...

Interesting info about you!

Congrats on the award. (And thanks for thinking of me.) ☼

happygirl said...

Thank you, Elaine. Hahaha, and thanks for the adjective, Amazing. You are Amazing in you ability to turn words into magical pictures. How do you Do it??? Thanks.

Lisa said...

Congrats on the award and thanks for the nominations.

Lisa
InspiredbyLisa

happygirl said...

I've passed out blogger awards and just wanted to let you know. Thank you again. You are so sweet.

Post a Comment