Saturday, January 15, 2011

Raptured: an abecdarian.



















Assembled
Believers
Captured.
Destination?
Eternity.
Forever
Going
Home
Into
Jehovahs'
Kingdom,
Leaving
Many
Non-believers
Openly
Puzzled.
Questions
Re: the
Secretly
Takens'
Unknown
Vanishing,
Whose
X-odus
Yields (in)
Zion.




Abecedarian: an alphabetical poem that uses the letters A to Z in their proper order to form the first letter of every line.

I loved the challenge of using a set framework to create a poem. I thought that using the 26 letters of the alphabet to form 26 words (actually there are 28 here) would be as easy as ABC. It wasn't. If you think writing an abecedarian is childsplay...try it!

11 comments:

Brenna said...

I love it! :)

Elaine said...

Thank you Brenna. I'm not entirely happy with it, because I had to use the words "the" and "in" to make it flow. I'll keep trying!

knot eye said...

not easy at all to string a coherent thought along with the format...applauds...and then I found this

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/abecedarian

who knew

Peace, hp

I have two

Reflections said...

Love this, looks to be quite the challenge, will have to give it a whirl sometime. So fitting for the picture prompt, you really keyed into it.

Claudia said...

ha - now you took us through the whole alphabet with the royal typewriter...smiles

dustus said...

Chaucer would be proud. Now there's a thought Chaucer come back to earth to view an an abecdarian on a PC.... Very creative challenge response. Cheers

Brian Miller said...

nice play off the alphabet in telling you tale...there will come a day...

Anonymous said...

Very different and I loved the originality! Did you use a thesaurus for help? I'd be struggling on x y and z :D

Elaine said...

I wrote this poem some weeks ago, without the use of a thesaurus. I had plenty of time to play around with the words. Repressedsoul...try it, it's a challenge, but a worthwhile one!

signed...bkm said...

Wow I am impressed...using all the letters of the alphbet...love your unique that on photo...well done...bkm

JackAZ Photography said...

Excellent and so perfectly spiritual for a Sunday!

Post a Comment