Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Reflections on Aging

When I looked in the mirror this morning, I was greeted by a familiar stranger. We stared at one another for a while."What is your name?" I asked her. She wouldn't say. But greying hair told me that her name could quite possibly be Wisdom
"Who is this new (older) Elaine? and when will the old (younger) Elaine return?" I inquired. Silence. Without speaking a word, she told me that "Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting. A woman who fears the Lord is to be praised."
"Could it be that beauty is somehow reflected inward with age?" I asked. Again she wouldn't say. I do believe her name is Wisdom, and I'm growing to like her. I smiled at Wisdom... and she smiled back.




the book of life is opened
and time will turn the page
the last chapter concluding
its hidden story... age



No comments:

Post a Comment