Monday, January 10, 2011

Left to Write


Sometimes when you're with me, it may appear that I have left. And you'd be quite right. I seem to be present in body, but not in spirit. At those times, I like to say, that I have "left to write."  Left, disappeared, gone to some far away place deep within myself, to write down the thoughts, ideas or poems that are racing around in my head. But don't worry, if I'm left alone for long enough, i'll be right back.


This is a cross acrostic, in which the hidden word is read in a step pattern: the first letter of the first line, the second letter of the second line, and so on down through the poem:



 Perhaps I'm
 pondering or
 dreaming, or
 editing and
 altering my
 poetry? Perhaps.


And you thought I had nothing left to write!

No comments:

Post a Comment