Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Go The Distance






I know I can go the distance
Though the road ahead is long
Seeing you in the horizon
Makes me feel, I too am strong


I know I can go the distance
Though a hill I have to climb
When you gently come beside me
And you whisper "take your time"

I know I can go the distance
Though each step I take is tough
Your words challenge and encourage
When I've simply had enough


Yes I know I'll go the distance
I will make it to the end
And I'm thankful that you take the time
To run with me, my friend.


For Carey
and my "ATB" running friends
Thank you

3 comments:

happygirl said...

Having a partner makes going the distance a bit easier. I was encouraged by this one. :)

Elaine said...

Yes it does. My friends are mostly in front of me, a few are by my side and fewer still are behind me, but they are there...and that's what matters.

Tiffany said...

That's awesome. Such encouragement!

Post a Comment