Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The Signpost









You were the signpost that showed "The Way"
As I wandered along life's road one day
Like an autumn leaf, that was blown and tossed
Unaware that I was even lost


You spoke God's truth and so much more
In ways I'd never heard before
I saw such love and joy in you
I felt compelled to follow too


And many others came to know
And lives were changed from seeds you sowed
 A quiet beauty you displayed
Just simply living out "The Way"


Then pain and sickness came around
And knocked the faithful signpost down
Still, from the stricken place you lay
With courage, you still showed "The Way"


The signpost has now gone for good
And few can stand where you once stood
But I am grateful for the day
The signpost once showed me  "The Way"





In memory of Cathy.
Sunrise 23/02/60 , Sunset 13/10/12
 Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.
 Eternally grateful.


3 comments:

Brandee Shafer said...

Sounds like she lives on, through you. What a lovely tribute.

happygirl said...

So young. So sad. Your words about her life shows she was such a light for Christ.

Niki said...

Simply stunning, Elaine. It means more than you can know ❤

Post a Comment